Note on Grading Scale
The whole course is based on 1000 points.
- Articles (350 pts) -- Four publication-ready news articles, completed in several integrated stages.
- Exercises (200 pts) -- Your intermediate application of
skills we are addressing in class. An exercise might involve several
short assignments, a group activity, or a whole article.
- Reflective Portfolios (200 pts) --
Two(sorry -- the calendar on the outline page is correct, it's four) organized collections of your best reflective work, responding to assigned readings and peer work. (More details will come as the assignment approaches.
- Polls & Quizzes (150 pts) -- Polls are informal feedback opportunities, both in-class and online, so that you and I can see what you're learning and where you need extra help. Participation matters more than "the right answer." Quizzes are formal assessment activities that ask you to perform a skill you have already been taught. I might give either type of question at any time, during any class.
- Exams (100 pts) -- A midterm and final will be given during regular class time. (Our final exam slot is for final presentations.)