help: January 2008 Archives

What is the Online Portfolio Assignment?

The online participation portfolio (I'll also refer to as a blogging portfolio) is your opportunity to draw my attention to specific examples of your best online participation, in a framework that identifies what you thought was most valuable about each contribution.
.
Some people contribute best when they write a smaller number of longer pieces, while others work best by giving a constant stream of briefer statements.  Some students find that the act of writing a blog entry helps them make sense of the material (so they post early), while others feel they only have good things to say after they have had the chance to see what their peers have to say first.

For every assigned text in EL250, including an article, a section from a book, a game, or a video, I am asking every student to contribute to an online discussion.

First we will start out simply posting a comment to the appropriate page on the EL 250 website.

But once everyone has had some time to experiment with the SHU weblog system, I'm asking for everyone to employ this four-step process, designed to prepare for a productive online discussion.

Feel free to post your questions here, or on any other page on the site.

Posting a comment here (or anywhere on the course blog) will automatically generate an e-mail, so you don't need to e-mail me to tell me that you left a comment.

If you'd like to arrange a telephone conversation, or if you happen to be on campus and you'd like to visit, my website has my contact information.

Darrell Kuntz on Participation Portfolio 3: here is my portfolio http://blogs.setonhill.edu/Da
Brandon Gnesda on Participation Portfolio 3: Here's mine: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/BrandonGne
Kevin on Ex 7: Class Presentation (Online): The day late and a dollar short edition
Derek Tickle on Term Paper (10 pages): OK, Thanks Brandon! I have completed your Peer Rev
Brandon Gnesda on Term Paper (10 pages): Hey Derek, I'm emailing you a copy of my paper as
Derek Tickle on Term Paper (10 pages): Hi Darrell and Brandon! I sent an email to both of
Derek Tickle on Participation Portfolio 3: Hi Everyone! Here is my "Participation Portfolio 3
Brandon Gnesda on Ex 7: Class Presentation (Online): Here is my presentation, the full version this tim
Darrell Kuntz on Ex 7: Class Presentation (Online): Here is my presentation
Derek Tickle on Ex 7: Class Presentation (Online): Hi Everyone! Here is my blog entry called, "Class
Blog Activity

help: January 2008: Monthly Archives

January
    1 02 03 04 05
6 07 08 09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31