Exercises (200 points)
Short essays (2-3 pages), more formal than an in-class response paper, but not as formal as a research paper.
You are welcome to use "I" and refer informally to things we have discussed in class, but
- choose a specific thesis to defend
- quote assigned readings directly and usefully
- outside research is welcome, but optional
- follow MLA style (including a Works Cited list)
Check the course outline page for the due dates.
- Ex1: Of Memory and Knowledge in the Classical Era
- Ex2: Of Scarcity and Knowledge in the Medieval Era
- Ex3: Of Accuracy and Knowledge in the Mechanical Era
- Ex4: Of Interaction and Knowledge in the Amazon/Google Era
- Ex5: Of Emergence and Knowledge in the [??] Era