- Publish as fact only that which you believe to be true.
- If material exists online, link to it when you reference it.
- Publicly correct any misinformation.
- Write each entry as if it could not be changed; add to, but do not rewrite or delete, any entry.
- Disclose any conflict of interest.
- Note questionable and biased sources.
[Hmm… I confess that I do occasionally go back and correct typos and fix broken links in my blog entries. For instance, I initially posted the items in this list as plain text, but didn’t like how it looked, so I went into the code and reformatted the list. Is that unethical?–DGJ] —Six Rules of Blogging EthicsRebeccaBlood)