“CNN sucks. It’s not even news anymore; it’s entertainment. I was trying to watch the news the other day when I decided to turn on CNN and 45 minutes later I came away with the following facts:
- Actress Winona Ryder has been charged with shop lifting.
- It’s shark week on the Discovery Channel.
- The world consists of America and Iraq.
- President Bush is still an idiot.
- The Rolling Stones are on tour.
This is news?” Maddox
When was television ever news? George Garrett (award-winning historical novelist, former poet-laureate of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and co-screenwriter of Frankenstein vs. the Space Monster) once said during a lecture: “It’s not about art. It’s not about entertainment. Television is about advertising.”