The PocketMod

The PocketMod is a new way to keep yourself organized. Lets face it, PDA’s are to expensive and cumbersome, and organizers are bulky and hard to carry around. Nothing beats a folded up piece of paper. That is until now. —The PocketMod

It is a folded-up piece of paper, but such a cool piece of paper! When I was an undergraduate, I had a geeky calendar program, and I would print out a single page with a week’s worth of appointments and notes. At the end of the day, I’d transfer notes from the paper to my computer, and the next morning before I left I’d print out the next week’s notes.

Then one day when I was walking past a Radio Shack, I saw a pocket-sized brochure advertising the Palm. I put the brochure in my shirt pocket, and before long I had the real thing in there. I’ve hardly removed it since. But still, sometimes I miss my sheets of paper — reminding me of a time in my life when, if I had read the required number of pages and produced the required number of papers, I was done, and I had official permission from the universe to slack off for a while — at least until somebody else told me what to do next. (Oh, the joys of youth.)

Via Metafilter.