Jimmy the Greek Made Oblivion

Complete with the Bernie Mac perfect afro the redguardsman stared back at me in 1080i. His racial description?

The most naturally talented warriors in Tamriel, the dark-skinned, wiry-haired Redguards of Hammerfell seem born to battle, though their pride and fierce independence of spirit makes them more suitable as scouts or skirmishers, or as free-ranging heroes and adventurers, than as rank-and-file soldiers. In addition to their cultural affinities for many weapon and armor styles, Redguards are also physically blessed with hardy constitutions and quickness of foot.

Lisa looked at me and said “Oh my God!” The first thing that popped into my mind? “Run, Nigger, Run” (followed by a whole slew of other equally offensive stereotypical quips). I dropped the controller and jotted down some thoughts. Lisa told me to stop taking notes and just play the damned game for once. So I finished my character and tried to forget Jimmy the Greek, the middle passage, the history of African Americans as “scouts” (what gamers now call tanks ) in the military, and the sickness in the pit of my stomach that was either caused by too much coconut rum or just too much damned ignorance. —Jimmy the Greek Made Oblivion (Dr. B.’s blog)