Producer for Katie Couric Fired — For Lifting from 'Wall St Journal'

A CBS News producer was fired and the network apologized after a Katie Couric video essay on libraries was found to be plagiarized from The Wall Street Journal. —Producer for Katie Couric Fired — For Lifting from ‘Wall St Journal’  (AP | Editor & Publisher)

Here’s a copy of Jeffrey Zaslow’s “Of the Places You’ll Go, Is the Library Still One of Them?

Update: Rosemary Frezza says this is the text she copied from Couric’s page before it was taken down and replaced with a correction:

Hi, everyone.

I still remember when I got my first library card, browsing through the stacks for my favorite books.

For kids today, the library is more removed from their lives. It’s a last-ditch place to go if they need to find something out…if Google doesn’t turn it up FIRST.

Sure, children still like libraries, but books aren’t the draw. A recent study found kids use libraries more for DVDs, story hours and computers than for checking out books.

Many kids skip the library altogether and head for the store. Sales of juvenile books rose 60 percent from 2002 to 2005. It’s an encouraging sign that kids value reading, but many tech-savvy kids never experience the joy of using the library’s shelves as a place to discover new worlds. And students are arriving in college unable to navigate libraries with a Dewey decimal system many have never used.

You local library is still worth checking out, and so are the books.

That’s a page from my Notebook.

She also sent me a link to a screencap.