Killing the questioner

Heinz Kerry said I attempted to “trap” her. To defend her intemperance, she publicly impugned my personal and professional integrity. On national television the woman who herself raised the specter of McCarthyism with her unexplained remarks insinuated I was engaging in the same tactic….

“I hope you burn in hell,” read one e-mail. “You’re a (expletive) Nazi,” went another. “Teresa should have told you to go (expletive) yourself,” another friendly e-mailer offered. And these were among the milder communiques; those that included death threats will be forwarded to the senders’ respective hometown police departments.

One of my daughters back in Pittsburgh was brought to tears by a caller to our house. The clever woman identified herself as a Washington reporter seeking to interview me but then embarked on a filthy tirade. It seems a member of the Heinz Kerry Civility Enforcement Patrol posted our home address and telephone number on the response part of my convention blog. —Colin McNickleKilling the questioner (Tribune-Review)

It’s amazing to see what people will do when they act upon what they believe are the facts.

One thought on “Killing the questioner

1. We could always make our own ketchup. This is all noteworthy for me. I believe it will be one of the first teams debate lesson for the beginning of the year. Start easy, and see who has been paying attention.