LCC professors explore weblogging in English classes

The popular online pastime known as blogging has found its way into the English classrooms at Georgia Tech.

In an innovative approach, Dr. Charles Tryon and Dr. Doreen Piano have both integrated blogging into their English 1101 classes this semester for the first time. —Jeff Wei

LCC professors explore weblogging in English classes (Technique)

I’m afraid I don’t know what “LCC” means in the headline of this article.

As a side note, I’m intrigued by the design of the paper…. it formats the page according to the size of your browser window. It’s cool to see, but I’m not sure it’s useful. What if I want to send a link to something that’s on page 2 of the article as I view it, but your browser window puts that text on page 3? That kind of uncertainty would keep me from linking to specific sections.

Article found via Scribblingwoman.

4 thoughts on “LCC professors explore weblogging in English classes

1. I was intrigued by the design of the paper, too. It’s interesting when so much energy is put into replicating the conventions of the print world in the world of cyberspace. Linking is a problem, but from another optic referencing — which is always a power struggle for authority in some way — is always conflicted.

2. Thanks! I probably knew that at one time. My point is that the headline was written for an audience that would probably know, but any article that’s online needs to make sense outside of its original context.