The Shaving Cream Racket

There are many thing that are true — the state is a parasite on society, private property would solve most social problems, rock music is tedious and stupid — but are nonetheless not generally known or applied. The truth that shaving cream is a racket should be added to this. —Jeffrey A. TuckerThe Shaving Cream Racket (LewRockwell.com)

This makes a lot of sense. Is it true?

I used an electric razor as a teen. It died when I was a sophomore in college, so I switched to razors for about a year. After cutting myself pretty badly one day, I switched back to another electric razor. I dont think I’ve replaced it in 15 years.

One thought on “The Shaving Cream Racket

1. It seems there are many such “rackets”. I gave up washing my hair with shampoo several years ago, and it’s never been heathier. Hair seems to take a few months to recover its balance – I guess skin is quicker according to this article.

The human body is an incredible adaptive system. So flexible it can even adapt to punishing smothering with needless cosmetic products. Surely it’s more sensible to stick with what it has evolved along with?