i am in an abusive relationship right now

i am in an abusive relationship right now have been in it for 7 months now. i dont feel the best. we allways fight he makes me feel like crap like i am nothing like everything is my fault. he promises me he ownt ever do it again this has happened over 20 times. and than he hits chokes slaps and hurts me again he apoligizes than we fight for no reason again and he gets jeoulos again it happens again. he is very jeoulos and controlling. not even letting me go to the mall with my sister. thinking i am allways cheating on him. it is hurting me bad. tonight is the night i am going to leave him. i hope that i am being serious when i say this because every other time i said this i allways end up going back with him. i just cannot believe i had to go through this allready only 17 years old. bye. —racheli am in an abusive relationship right now (blogs.setonhill.edu)

Somebody recently left this comment on a blog entry on Nathaniel Hawthorne that one of my students posted in 2004. As the administrator of blogs.setonhill.edu, I see all the comments that come in for approval, and I regularly approve all the course-related comments so that online discussions don’t shrivel on the vine. In the past few days, somebody has been reading blog entries, posting a quick but seemingly relevant comment, and then leaving link to a spam portal. So I’ve been looking more closely at what I would ordinarily approve or delete, and this submission caught my eye.

I have already sent a quick e-mail to the address the poster provided, but who knows whether it was real or fake. I have no evidence that the poster is in any way connected to Seton Hill University… I presume she just found a page that had keywords she was searching for.

I guess I am just feeling pretty emotionally raw as I think about the latest news… I’ve submitted an article proposal that looks at Super Columbine Massacre RPG! as a form of new media composition, and when I heard about Cho’s multimedia manifesto, I realized that I would have to read it in order to write the article I proposed. That’s not a cheerful thought.

Maybe someone in Rachel’s life can help her make a sensible choice before it’s too late.