- I’m about to start the Rick Moranis #LittleShop movie. My 8yo has never seen it, but she’s gotten interested in musicals.
- Wife is unwrapping the #LittleShop DVD now.
- First, put away the #Cats DVD.
- Daughter is worried #LittleShop will be too scary.
- Steve Martin is credited for a “special appearance” #LittleShop
- Great set… Chorus girls dancing in the rain. I’d forgotten just how catchy the music is. #LittleShop
- “That’s the Solinsky Dad!” says daughter, recognizing Moranis from the Honey movies. #LittleShop
- “Oh, dear!” says daughter upon seeing the establishing shot of Audrey (One) #LittleShop
- Random chorus woman with powerful voice starts the Downtown song… should I recognize her? #LittleShop
- Some zombie-thriller echoes in the Downtown number. Urban alienation. #LittleShop
- Daughter wonders if Seymor is ungrateful for what he has… #LittleShop
- Where are the flowers? There are no flowers on the set of his supposed flower shop.#LittleShop
- Love the POV shot of Audrey II. #LittleShop
- “Can you break a hundred? (sad faces) Then I’ll just have to take twice as many!” #LittleShop
- “My children”… Mushnik’s concern for Audrey makes him sympathetic… His fate is more shocking as a result.
- What do you want from me, blood? (I forgot it was a rose thorn that drew the blood… Don’t write a paper on the symbolism!) #LittleShop
- “It’s hungry, do something!” says my daughter as the plant begs for blood… #LittleShop
- Daughter compliments Rick Moranis’s singing voice. Cheers when the plant grows at end of “grow for me” #LittleShop
- I totally forgot the John Candy WSKID radio host cameo… #LittleShop
- “Don’t tell me… You got tied up.” “No, just handcuffed a little.” Setup for Audrey’s big solo. #LittleShop
- I know Seymour’s the greatest / But I’m dating a semi-sadist #LittleShop
- I just realized that I sing “Somewhere That’s Green” to myself whenever I mow the lawn. #LittleShop
- The kids laughed when we see Audrey’s vision of her future kids with Seymour. #LittleShop
- Mariachi “Some Fun Now” Audrey is professional and competent as a flower arranger… She tells him he has low self image… #LittleShop
- Patients cowering as Orin Scrivello struts thru waiting room. #LittleShop
- Love the shot from within the patient’s mouth… Daughter frowns. “I’d rather be doing math! That is one evil dentist.” #LittleShop
- Daughter: “I’d never take a root canal from that guy.” #LittleShop
- Feed me! #LittleShop
- Animatronics look fantastic… I understand these scenes were filmed at 1/4 speed #LittleShop
- Sophomore year in college at UVa I was the set designer and plant-builder for a First Year Players production of #LittleShop
- Made the plant out of hula hoops, chicken wire, and duct tape. Big enough inside for the puppeteer and victims. #LittleShop
- The guy sure looks like plant food to me! #LittleShop
- Bill Murray’s cameo. #LittleShop
- Murray’s patient character has his own bib in his pocket. #LittleShop
- Daddy’s home! …. Thank you!!! Candy bar!!! (The kids have no idea what is happening in this scene…) #LittleShop
- Murray’s scene is funny, but it does detract from Scrivello’s insanity… We see he has limits, making him a bit more human… #LittleShop
- …making Seymour’s intended murder a little less sympathetic. The kids noticed the moral dilemma. #LittleShop
- “Even though he is a villain, you should still love that guy, if there’s any way to.” My 8yo on the mad dentist. #LittleShop
- Oops, big popcorn spill. Movie paused with Seymour’s axe raised over his head. #LittleShop
- Mushnik thinks he sees Seymour killing Scrivello — of course, that will motivate Seymour to kill Mushnik to keep him quiet. #LittleShop
- “I’d put on cheap and tasteless outfits… Not nice ones, like this.” Audrey, describing her work in The Gutter. #LittleShop
- Suddenly Seymour.. Great use of fragments of walls in a vacant lot set. They’re really belting those notes. #LittleShop
- You really want these two to get together… And the kiss!! #LittleShop (“There has to be more movie,” says daughter.)
Mushnik in the shadows… Offended that Seymour would stoop to murder… I think in the play version Mushnik was greedy. #LittleShop
Aha… Here Mushnik is scheming to keep the plant form himself… He wants Seymour’s “secret gardening tips” #LittleShop
Fisheye lens in The Meek Shall Inherit… #LittleShop
The kids are debating just what Seymour has done wrong. “He IS sorry.” “But he IS guilty.” #LittleShop
“After tomorrow, we can leave here, together!” #LittleShop Don’t wait just one more day, and split up at a time like this, young lovers.
“I can’t live with the guilt.” #LittleShop Daughter: “How can it even see?… (Dialing the phone) What a smart plant.” Audrey, not so much.
Audrey One came out of the plant in pretty good shape… The stage musical has a much darker turn at this point. #LittleShop
Suddenly Seymour reprise, when the musical here had a Somewhere That’s Green reprise. #LittleShop
Jim Belushi’s cameo now. Nothing special, just a plot point. #LittleShop
“This is between me and the vegetable.” #LittleShop
Mean Green Mother from Outer Space. Backup voices coming from pods. (Son has noticed the plot diversion now.) #LittleShop
Some salty language… As a dutiful father I must scold the plant each time it uses a rude word. #LittleShop
The plant does a Samson, pulling out the pillars of the building. #LittleShop
“You’re killing the hand that fed you!” — daughter scolding Audrey II. Ran out of room crying.
Daughter spilled popcorn while running out of room crying… Had to drag her back to the TV. #LittleShop
During tacked-on happy ending, daughter: “Does she even know Seymour killed someone? Or butchered someone’s body, I mean?” #LittleShop
Camera pans down to the final garden surprise– daughter: “Oh, no… Oh, no!” #LittleShop
Son is annoyed at the changed ending, daughter still crying that Seymour never told Audrey the truth. #LittleShop
A dramatic conclusion to our #LittleShop night. Maybe we’ll put Sweeney Todd away until a little later. Goodnight.
Inheritance (#StarTrek #TNG Rewatch, Season 7, Episode 10) Data's mom talks a lot, young ...
Stunned by Viola Davis, Chadwick Boseman and the rest of the cast in Ma Rainey's Black Bot...
JANE EYRE Steps In and Out of Darkness at PICT
Not doing well. As usual.
Opening night. They've got magic to do!