Numerical errors usually occur for one of these five reasons:
- A journalist mishears a correct number given to them by a source and fails to double-check it.
- A source unwittingly provides a mistaken piece of information and the journalist fails to verify it.
- A source deliberately fudges the numbers and the journalist fails to verify them.
- A journalist or editor miscalculates a figure.
- A journalist re-reports a mistake made by another media outlet.
Facebook is predicting the end of the written word
Vandal scratches Poe phrase into car at dealership
What Could Have Entered the Public Domain on January 1, 2015?
I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- to find that TV journalism is scripted, shallow eye candy.
James Comey: Trump won’t be removed. But we’ll be fine.
"I don't view Shakespeare's work as intimidating anymore." -- midterm reflection from coll...