An important but small detail in a Blender3D project I just finished is this trench-coated character.
I started with a clip-art silhouette, but it looked pretty drab.
Thanks to a little pixel-doctoring in The GIMP, I touched up the center image. The schlubby pant cuffs on this guy don’t fit the character, so I smoothed them out. I also added details to his left hand.
The middle result looked too cartoonish so for the final version I blurred him a bit to add some graininess.
I am particularly proud of the glow under the brim of the hat.
Nobody will notice these details on the final project, but I spent hours tweaking them, so there it is.