Choose a form, fill it out, and push the button… you will get an individual entry for a “Works Cited” page, which you may then copy and paste into your word processor. The BibBuilder will guide you through the process of filling in a form to get an MLA-style citation.
- Article (in a periodical, or chapter; printed or electronic)
- Book (printed or electronic)
- Web Page (corporate web page, blog entry, YouTube video, etc.)
- Garbage in, garbage out. If you don’t type the correct information in the blanks, or if you use improper formatting, this utility won’t be able to correct it for you.
- When you copy text from the browser window, you may lose the formatting (such as underlining).
- This utility generates one entry at a time. Alphabetizing and formatting the entries on the page is up to you (but this article will help: MLA Style–Using MS-Word to Format a Paper).
- There are commercial database applications that will do the fancy stuff; this tool is primarily intended to help undergraduates (although I use it myself all the time).
Gibaldi, Joseph. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. 7th ed. New York: MLA, 2009.
1997 — Original version created for the Engineering Writing Centreand the University of Toronto English Library at the University of Toronto.
1998 — updated version posted at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
2003 — transferred to its present location, at Seton Hill University
27 Jul 2011 — updated and reformatted
| Researching English Papers Online |
Planning to use the Internet to research your paper? First, you should learn about authority, plagiarism, and documentation.Academic Journals: Using Them Properly
“Crazy Joe’s Shakespeare Website” probably won’t have the accurate information your English professor is looking for. If you want reliable articles, look in an academic journal.Format a Paper in MLA Style
This step-by-step set of directions will help you use MS-Word to format an English paper properly.
Pass Certification is giving 100% guaranteed success in your certification exams. Take advantage of CompTIA A+ Certification preparation material for guaranteed success. Check out the free demo of all certification exams.