Fitzgerald, "Bernice Bobs Her Hair"
To do the RRRR (Read, React, Respond, Reflect) sequence:
- Read the assigned text. http://jerz.setonhill.edu/resources/texts/fitzgerald_fs_bbhh/index.html
- React by posting an agenda item (quote and brief comments) ON YOUR OWN BLOG, about 24 hours before class meets.
On this page, type your chosen quotation and include a link to your blog entry. You can just paste the URL after your quote, or you can add a few lines explaining your response to your quote.
Note -- pay attention to the URL that you post on this page.
Your URL should look something like the following:
The following link is not specific enough. Your reader will have to hunt for the specific page.
A link like the following is only useful to you, because it points to your editing pages -- your readers will find it useless.
- Respond: Before class meets, post 2-4 comments on agenda items that your peers have posted to their own weblogs. (If you have been asked to look at 2 separate readings, then I am asking for 4-8 comments.)
- Reflect: Bring to class a half-page reflection paper, that names a student whose agenda item made you see the assigned reading in a different way. I will occasionally, but not always, collect the reflection papers. If you wish, you may do your half-page reflection at the same time you write your agenda item -- but that should mean doing them both early, rather than waiting to post your agenda item until the night before or the morning of the class discussion.
- Recommended: An optional 5th step. You are welcome to post your half-page reflections on your blog, with a link to the classmate's blog.
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Fitzgerald, "Bernice Bobs Her Hair".