August 24, 2009 Archives
Welcome to EL 227, "News Writing."
The course website is located at http://jerz.setonhill.edu/EL227. I will update the online syllabus periodically, adding chapters in our textbooks or links to reporting on current events, as our progress in the course dictates. The printout I give on the first day of classes is only part of the information available online.
There are many reason for becoming a journalist and many type of journalists to become. It is a career with many challenges and rewards.
- Have an interest in the world around them.
- Love language.
- Have an alert and ordered mind.
- Be able to approach and question people.
- Be polite but persistent.
- Be friendly and reliable.
Part 2: How do I use my blog for class? (7 minutes)