- Davidson, Clifford. Illustrations of the Stage and Acting in England to 1580. Kalamazoo, MI: Medieval Institute Publications, 1991.
- Dorrell, Margaret, “Two Studies of the York Corpus Christi Play,” Leeds Studies in English, ns 6 (1972): 63-111. [See Rogerson, Margaret]
- Duffy, Eamon. The Stripping of the Altars: Traditional Religion in England c. 1400-1580. New Haven & London: Yale UP, 1992.
- Gaede, Ruth B., “The Theatre of the English Pageant Wagons, with Particular Attention to the Cycle Plays of Chester and York,” Unpublished PhD dissertation, Brandeis, 1970.
- Harris, John Wesley. Medieval Theatre in Context: An Introduction. London: Routledge, 1992.
- Hoy, James F, The Staging Time of the York Cycle of Corpus Christi Plays, Emporia State Research Studies 21, 1973.
- Johnston, Alexandra F. “The Medieval English Stage: Corpus Christi Pageants and Plays by Alan H. Nelson: A Review Article”, University of Toronto Quarterly 54 (1975): 238-48.
- —–. “The Guild of Corpus Christi and the Procession of Corpus Christi in York,” Medieval Studies 38, 1976, 372-84.
- Johnston, Alexandra F. and Margaret Dorrell. “The Doomsday Pageant of the York Mercers: 1433,” Leeds Studies in English ns 5 (1971): 29-34.
- —–. “The York Mercers and their Pageant of Doomsday: 1433-1526.” Leeds Studies in English ns 6 1972, 10-35.
- —–. “The York Cycle in the Fifteenth Century.” Videotape. Media Centre, University of Toronto, 1972.
- Kahrl, Stanley J. Traditions of Englis Medieval Drama. London, 1974.
- Nelson, Alan. “Principles of Processional Staging: ‘York Cycle’,” Modern Philology LXVII (1970): 303-20.
- —–. The Medieval English Stage. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1974.
- Records of Early English Drama: York. (2 vols.), Alexandra F. Johnston and Margaret Rogerson, eds., Toronto, 1979.
- Rogerson, Margaret. “A Table of Contents for the York Corpus Christi Play,” Words and Wordsmiths: A Volume for H. L. Rogers, ed. G. Barnes et al. Sydney, 1989. [See Dorrell, Margaret]
- Rose, Martial. The Wakefield Mystery Plays. London: Evans Bros., 1961.
- Stevens, Martin. “The York Cycle: From Procession to Play,” LeedsSE, ns 6 (1972): 37-61.
- —–.”Postscript,” LeedsSE, ns 6 (1972): 113-115.
- Toulmin Smith, Lucy, ed. The York Plays. London, 1885.
- Twycross, Meg. “‘Places to hear the play’: Pageant Stations at York, 1398-1572.” REED:N 3 (1978): 10-33.
- White, Eileen. “The Tenements at the Common Hall Gates: The Mayor’s Station for the Corpus Christi Play in York,” REED:N 7 (1982): 14-24.
- The York Cycle. Videotapes of 1977 Toronto production. Media Centre, University of Toronto. 1997.
For a general bibliography on-line, consult Medieval English Drama at the University of Rochester.
Content last modified: December 12, 1997.