- Active and Passive Verbs: Activate your writing
- “Based on” never “based off of”
- Nominalization: Avoid abstract nouns
- Parallelism: Don’t vary the syntax of items in a series
- Split Infinitives: Why to (usually) avoid them
- Eliminating Redundancy
- Gender Neutral Language
5 thoughts on “Grammar and Syntax”
Pingback: Does the phrase “based off of” make you shudder… or shrug? | Jerz's Literacy Weblog
Indeed my English needs improvement.
See perfact. It has to be perfect
It,s a perfact website to improve my English.
Ger van de Ven
Pingback: Troy Sterling and the Active and Passive Verbs Jerz's Literacy Weblog