Feeling a bit puzzled by the “Twitter Tools” plugin

I really like MailChimp’s “Social” plugin, which not only publishes a WordPress blog entry to Twitter and Facebook, but also collects responses from Twitter and Facebook users and collects them as WordPress comments.

Today I installed a different plugin, Twitter Tools, which is really just a single tool — it lets you create a WordPress post via tweet.

One problem — when I then try to publish the resulting WordPress post, there’s no way I can attach a thumbnail to the Facebook post.

Here’s what it looks like when I use the “Social” plugin to share a regular WordPress post to Facebook.  Note the nifty thumbnail image.

Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 8.46.51 PM

Here’s what it looks like when I use the same plugin to share the WordPress post created via Twitter… no thumbnail. (Both posts have a “Featured Image” set, and the featured image does show up on my blog as I expect it to.)

Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 8.47.24 PM

I posted about this in the “Twitter Tools” support forum.

Update, July 16.

I just noticed a box on my WordPress admin page that I’ve never needed to use before…

Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 12.24.39 AM

After I changed an item from “Status” to “Standard,” the broadcast-to-Facebook function worked as I expected.