On page 9 of a 13-page ruling, Judge Hernandez last month set out these requirements to qualify as a journalist:
- Education in journalism.
- Credentials or proof of affiliation with a recognized news entity
- Proof of adherence to journalistic standards such as editing, fact-checking, or disclosures of conflicts of interest
- Keeping notes of conversations and interviews conducted
- Mutual understanding or agreement of confidentiality between the defendant and his/her sources
- Creation of an independent product rather than assembling writings and postings of others
- Contacting “the other side” to get both sides of a story
‘Without evidence of this nature, defendant is not ‘media,” the ruling says. Obviously, the judge — an Obama appointee — doesn’t understand either media or the First Amendment. His ruling also went much farther than the case before him required. (Cox lost a $2.5 million verdict.) —You Be The Judge: Are Bloggers Journalists? – Forbes.
Transfigurations (#StarTrek #TNG Rewatch, Season Three, Episode 25) Injured Humanoid Charm...
This is what happened when a KDKA-TV journalist showed bias
Liberal Arts Classes Could Teach Neil deGrasse Tyson a Thing or Two about the Path from Da...
Write instructions for busy grouches.
A Matter of Honor (ST:TNG Rewatch, Season 2, Episode 8)
When you need to record footsteps on a sidewalk, and the carpeted studio has a brick wall.