My Teenage Son Does Not Know How To Mail A Letter – I Blame Technology – ReadWrite

A father learns the Postal Service website is no help in teaching a new generation of snail-mailers where the stamp goes.

envelope

“Get your computer. Go to USPS.gov (turns out it’s really USPS.com).” If he saw for himself – on the screen – how to properly mail a letter, maybe he’d get it, I thought.

Unfortunately, the Postal Service doesn’t know it has a problem here. We couldn’t find any instructions at all on how to mail a letter. Not from the USPS home page, nor from its”Quick Tools” section, nor the SEND MAIL tab, nor even from the FAQs – including the “common questions” section.

“Google it. Google ‘how to address a letter‘.”

The results came back instantly. The very first entry was from the Walter L. Parsley Elementary School. There, with text and pictures, were simple instructions for addressing a letter.

Perhaps it’s too late for letter writing, though. If my son could get this far without knowing how to mail a letter, I fear the writing is already on the wall. If not on the envelope.

via My Teenage Son Does Not Know How To Mail A Letter – I Blame Technology – ReadWrite.