Cliffhanger from ST:TNG Best of Both Worlds. I haven’t made time to watch TNG in probably 20 years. Holds up surprisingly well.

Cliffhanger from ST:TNG Best of Both Worlds. I haven't made time to watch TNG in probably 20 years. Holds up surprisingly well.The cliffhanger for Star Trek: The Next Generation’s “The Best of Both Worlds,” June, 1990. I was a freshly-graduated English BA with good summer editing and PR gigs already lined up, admission to an MA program in hand, and a big group of friends who often gathered at midnight Sunday. That was when the local TV station showed Star Trek: The Next Generation (unless a sportsball broadcast ran late or they aired an hour-long infomercial first). I have great memories of watching these episodes in the company of friends, sometimes just a handful, sometimes up to 30, often at the apartment I shared with roommate Michael L Murphy. I have shown my son most of the 1960s Star Trek, and my daughter has seen enough that she considers herself more of a Star Trek fan than a Star Wars fan, which warms my heart. I haven’t made time to watch The Next Generation in probably 20 years, so with some downtime on Thanksgiving I’ve been happy to see how well it holds up.