Star Trek Graphic Design: Six journalists and surprising discoveries about their agency logos and costumes

After an intense 2 weeks prepping for fall classes, I’m all set. So when I woke up this morning I lazed in bed, and my thoughts wandered to the scene in Star Trek: Generations where a pack of reporters interview Kirk on the bridge. I started wondering whether the logos from that scene were one-off designs, or part of the greater Trek continuity.

Ex Astris Scientia did not disappoint.

At the beginning of Star Trek Generations, six reporters are seen on the bridge of the USS Enterprise-B. These reporters are interesting for two different reasons. They are all wearing the logo of a future news agency on their clothes or equipment and they are all wearing re-used costumes that were previously seen in earlier TNG episodes.

In this article, we identify the different news channels or agencies the reporters work for (hint: the Federation News Network FNN is not one of them) and will show which costume was re-used for each reporter.

Six journalists and surprising discoveries about their agency logos and costumes