2. Desi Arnaz, Orson Welles, Roy Orbison, Ted Bundy, Ayatollah Khomeini, and Cary Grant have always been dead.
‘sJohnny!? is a scary greeting from Jack Nicholson, not a warm welcome from Ed McMahon.
4. The Energizer bunny has always been going, and going, and going.
5. Large fine-print ads for prescription drugs have always appeared in magazines.
6. Photographs have always been processed in an hour or less.
7. They never got a chance to drink 7-Up Gold, Crystal Pepsi, or Apple Slice.
8. Baby Jessica could be a classmate. –Beloit College Mindset List for the Class of 2008 (Beloit College)
There are a total of 50 items on the list.
I graduated from high school in 1986, the year most incoming freshmen were born. Events such as the destruction of the Challenger (Space Shuttle Orbiter) and the “Baby Jessica down the well” media circus have been in my psyche so long I can hardly remember my own mindset before I knew those things.