I’m building a new site for a non-profit and will probably be moving the student newspaper to a new template, so this is the time to think of such things.
What is one overlooked problem I should anticipate when getting my entire business website redesigned?
- Content (don’t underestimate the time a major rewrite requires)
- Drop-in Conversion (something about converting visitors to customers? not sure I understand this one)
- URL Redirects (redirect all your old pages to preserve SEO rankings)
- Future Updates (the site maintainers will want to make changes; a better design anticipates changes)
- What You Want to Accomplish (focus on your main goals, not everything at once)
- Focus on Your Users (their behavior matters more than your opinion)
- Internal Opinions (too many cooks…)
- Being Too Much (see #5)
- Responsive Design (see #4; use one flexible design for desktops, laptops, tablets and handhelds)
- Cost (see #11)
- Time (see #10)