- I’m about to start the Rick Moranis #LittleShop movie. My 8yo has never seen it, but she’s gotten interested in musicals.
- Wife is unwrapping the #LittleShop DVD now.
- First, put away the #Cats DVD.
- Daughter is worried #LittleShop will be too scary.
- Steve Martin is credited for a “special appearance” #LittleShop
- Great set… Chorus girls dancing in the rain. I’d forgotten just how catchy the music is. #LittleShop
- “That’s the Solinsky Dad!” says daughter, recognizing Moranis from the Honey movies. #LittleShop
- “Oh, dear!” says daughter upon seeing the establishing shot of Audrey (One) #LittleShop
- Random chorus woman with powerful voice starts the Downtown song… should I recognize her? #LittleShop
- Some zombie-thriller echoes in the Downtown number. Urban alienation. #LittleShop
- Daughter wonders if Seymor is ungrateful for what he has… #LittleShop
- Where are the flowers? There are no flowers on the set of his supposed flower shop.#LittleShop
- Love the POV shot of Audrey II. #LittleShop
- “Can you break a hundred? (sad faces) Then I’ll just have to take twice as many!” #LittleShop
- “My children”… Mushnik’s concern for Audrey makes him sympathetic… His fate is more shocking as a result.
- What do you want from me, blood? (I forgot it was a rose thorn that drew the blood… Don’t write a paper on the symbolism!) #LittleShop
- “It’s hungry, do something!” says my daughter as the plant begs for blood… #LittleShop
- Daughter compliments Rick Moranis’s singing voice. Cheers when the plant grows at end of “grow for me” #LittleShop
- I totally forgot the John Candy WSKID radio host cameo… #LittleShop
- “Don’t tell me… You got tied up.” “No, just handcuffed a little.” Setup for Audrey’s big solo. #LittleShop
- I know Seymour’s the greatest / But I’m dating a semi-sadist #LittleShop
- I just realized that I sing “Somewhere That’s Green” to myself whenever I mow the lawn. #LittleShop
- The kids laughed when we see Audrey’s vision of her future kids with Seymour. #LittleShop
- Mariachi “Some Fun Now” Audrey is professional and competent as a flower arranger… She tells him he has low self image… #LittleShop
- Patients cowering as Orin Scrivello struts thru waiting room. #LittleShop
- Love the shot from within the patient’s mouth… Daughter frowns. “I’d rather be doing math! That is one evil dentist.” #LittleShop
- Daughter: “I’d never take a root canal from that guy.” #LittleShop
- Feed me! #LittleShop
- Animatronics look fantastic… I understand these scenes were filmed at 1/4 speed #LittleShop
- Sophomore year in college at UVa I was the set designer and plant-builder for a First Year Players production of #LittleShop
- Made the plant out of hula hoops, chicken wire, and duct tape. Big enough inside for the puppeteer and victims. #LittleShop
- The guy sure looks like plant food to me! #LittleShop
- Bill Murray’s cameo. #LittleShop
- Murray’s patient character has his own bib in his pocket. #LittleShop
- Daddy’s home! …. Thank you!!! Candy bar!!! (The kids have no idea what is happening in this scene…) #LittleShop
- Murray’s scene is funny, but it does detract from Scrivello’s insanity… We see he has limits, making him a bit more human… #LittleShop
- …making Seymour’s intended murder a little less sympathetic. The kids noticed the moral dilemma. #LittleShop
- “Even though he is a villain, you should still love that guy, if there’s any way to.” My 8yo on the mad dentist. #LittleShop
- Oops, big popcorn spill. Movie paused with Seymour’s axe raised over his head. #LittleShop
- Mushnik thinks he sees Seymour killing Scrivello — of course, that will motivate Seymour to kill Mushnik to keep him quiet. #LittleShop
- “I’d put on cheap and tasteless outfits… Not nice ones, like this.” Audrey, describing her work in The Gutter. #LittleShop
- Suddenly Seymour.. Great use of fragments of walls in a vacant lot set. They’re really belting those notes. #LittleShop
- You really want these two to get together… And the kiss!! #LittleShop (“There has to be more movie,” says daughter.)
Mushnik in the shadows… Offended that Seymour would stoop to murder… I think in the play version Mushnik was greedy. #LittleShop
Aha… Here Mushnik is scheming to keep the plant form himself… He wants Seymour’s “secret gardening tips” #LittleShop
Fisheye lens in The Meek Shall Inherit… #LittleShop
The kids are debating just what Seymour has done wrong. “He IS sorry.” “But he IS guilty.” #LittleShop
“After tomorrow, we can leave here, together!” #LittleShop Don’t wait just one more day, and split up at a time like this, young lovers.
“I can’t live with the guilt.” #LittleShop Daughter: “How can it even see?… (Dialing the phone) What a smart plant.” Audrey, not so much.
Audrey One came out of the plant in pretty good shape… The stage musical has a much darker turn at this point. #LittleShop
Suddenly Seymour reprise, when the musical here had a Somewhere That’s Green reprise. #LittleShop
Jim Belushi’s cameo now. Nothing special, just a plot point. #LittleShop
“This is between me and the vegetable.” #LittleShop
Mean Green Mother from Outer Space. Backup voices coming from pods. (Son has noticed the plot diversion now.) #LittleShop
Some salty language… As a dutiful father I must scold the plant each time it uses a rude word. #LittleShop
The plant does a Samson, pulling out the pillars of the building. #LittleShop
“You’re killing the hand that fed you!” — daughter scolding Audrey II. Ran out of room crying.
Daughter spilled popcorn while running out of room crying… Had to drag her back to the TV. #LittleShop
During tacked-on happy ending, daughter: “Does she even know Seymour killed someone? Or butchered someone’s body, I mean?” #LittleShop
Camera pans down to the final garden surprise– daughter: “Oh, no… Oh, no!” #LittleShop
Son is annoyed at the changed ending, daughter still crying that Seymour never told Audrey the truth. #LittleShop
A dramatic conclusion to our #LittleShop night. Maybe we’ll put Sweeney Todd away until a little later. Goodnight.
Amanda Knox responds to high-profile movie profiting off of her name
She was the PTA mom everyone knew. Who would want to harm her?
Students present their research for the Celebration of Writing @setonhilluniversity
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / Willy Wonka Lesson Plans
One Man's Mission To Keep AOL's Legacy Alive
Without ComPUNction: Doing verbal battle at the O. Henry Pun-Off World Championships.