A collaborative, open-source writing guide.
The writing sprint is over, and Web Writing Style Guide Version 1.0 is now available. While written for undergraduate writing students, Web Writing Style Guide could be useful to anyone wanting to learn how to write for the web. Topics in this lengthy guide include–but are not limited to–
- strategies for effective blogging, tweeting, and wiki writing
- an overview of visual design and photo manipulation
- how to write effective links, page titles, and headings
- basic copyright and fair use principles important for the web
- an introduction to HTML and CSS
- lots of links within the text to additional resources
As with other Writing Spaces’ texts, the Web Writing Style Guide is Creative Commons licensed (CC-BY-NC-SA). In addition to the HTML version currently available, over the next couple of weeks, Writing Spaces will release print-friendly PDF and EPUB versions of the text. —Announcing the Publication of Web Writing Style Guide Version 1.0 | Writing Spaces.