It seems that an unusually high percentage of links I posted to my website in July 2000 no longer work, but here are a few links that I could find via the Wayback Machine:
- The guy who invented the “pet rock” won the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction contest for really bad writing.
- Humorous courtroom transcripts
- Q: All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
- A: Oral.
In July 2000 I posted several new handouts that I’ve kept up over the years and still use in some form or other.
- Current Poetry is For the Ear; 2000 version
- Current Usability Testing; 2000 “Prototypes in Technical Writing“
- Current Web Writing Checklist for Newbies; 2000 “Writing for the Web: Why is the Advice so Scant?“
Frisbee is a brand name, but how newsworthy is that?
Making a journalism game to teach myself ChoiceScript
ChatGPT took their jobs. Now they walk dogs and fix air conditioners.
An English professor tries to help ChatGPT write and revise a sonnet
ChatBot Helps Crack the Case of the Missing 45GB
The internet’s memory is fading in front of us. Preserve what you can.