In November 2000, I was blogging about
- Ursula K. Le Guin
- Why we perceive mirrors reversing things left/right but not up/down
- Pioneering blog Arts & Letters Daily (just a year older than my own blog)
- Nick Montfort’s constrained poem “Upper Typewriter Row“
- The 2000 US Presidential Election controversy (ballot design, hanging chads, recounts, political cartoons)
- The Web Economy Bullshit Generator
- The Onion’s fake “Fontly Speaking” typeface design column.
- James Lileks’s Orphanage of Cast-off Mascots
- A Quake 3 gamer who misses solving puzzles in text-adventure games
Why We’ll Never Live in Space
It's such a privilege to introduce these young people to Shakespeare's body of work.
Henry Bemis waited his whole life to finally read a book. Listen to Lynn Venable’s story,...
Hard Time #StarTrek #DS9 Rewatch (Season 4, Episode 19) O'Brien deals with the implanted m...
ChoiceScript tutorial for making casual, phone-friendly, stats-driven storygames. Choice o...
Rules of Engagement #StarTrek #DS9 Rewatch (Season 4, Episode 18) Worf is accused of destr...