- Instructions for “Asking a Girl on a Date” (autistics.org)
- The Inform Beginner’s Guide (I edited this book on programming text adventure games in Inform 6)
- Broken Links: Just How Rapidly do Science Education Hyperlinks Go Extinct? (yes, the link was broken but I linked to the backup on the Internet Archive)
- Faking It: Sex, Lies and Women’s Magazines
- “Prenatal memory and learning” (language acquisition begins before birth)
- “Did I Miss Anything?” (poet’s creative response to a “question frequently asked by students after missing a class”)
- A Salon article mocking the New York Times for declaring the Web to be over. (Wikipedia, April 2022: “Salon has been unprofitable through its entire history.”)
The Strangest, Most Spectacular Bridge Collapse (And How We Got It Wrong)
The daughter looks stunning in pink.
Turnitin's slick new iPad app almost erases years of web-based GradeMark trauma
In journalism, nuances such as "sources tell us..." "reportedly..." "it appears..." "confi...
Google Stops Scanning Student Gmail Accounts for Ads
Carolyn's Bio for Prime Stage's The Outsiders (Mar 6-15)