Aging Gen-Xer Doesn't Find Bad Movies Funny Anymore

“I got this cool tape off eBay containing four episodes of the TV show The New Scooby-Doo Movies?not the original CBS Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! show, but the even worse one that came out a few years later, the one with Scooby-Dum and Scooby-Dear, and all these really lame minor-celebrity guest stars like Tim Conway and Jerry Reed,” said Erdman’s brother Kevin , 26. “Dave was supposed to come over and watch it with me, but he canceled. I later found out it was because he and his wife went to see some Arthur Miller play. How dork-ass is that?” —Aging Gen-Xer Doesn’t Find Bad Movies Funny Anymore (The Onion (Satire))

Last week, when I needed a spare tape to record a TV newscast I thought I was going to miss because my son asked me to read a storybook version of Macbeth. Kid-friendly, but still longer than your average good-night story.

I told my wife to tape over one of my old copies of Mystery Science Theater 3000 I figured if I didn’t recognize the title of the movie, I would never miss it.

My wife refused, and taped over an episode of Boo-bahs instead. And she checked out the first season of Wonder Woman from the library. That’s kitsch, but it’s good kitsch. So maybe I’m not as far gone as the guy in this story.