Facebook Updates News Feed So Your Favorite Friends Rise to the Top

imageNow, News Feed, at its most basic level, is defined by secrecy. Facebook doesn’t reveal exact details of the algorithms that determine what you see (and what you don’t) based on the company’s ever-evolving, ever-more-granular analysis of your preferences. And not just the preferences you explicitly set. Your likes, comments, clicks, even how long you linger over a specific post are fed into Facebook’s hyper-intelligent artificial brain. —Wired

3 thoughts on “Facebook Updates News Feed So Your Favorite Friends Rise to the Top

1. I have one FB “close friend” whom I’ve met briefly in person, but mostly know through alumni listserves for our now-defunct high school. He posts very interesting articles from the NYT, Atlantic, and The New Yorker – and MOST are very looooong. Since they are interesting/entertaining, I do read most of the articles all the way through – so that probably means I am “lingering” on this guy’s posts more than those of my own “real life” close friends and relatives…