- The subject of an active voice sentence performs the action of the verb: “I throw the ball.”
- The subject of a passive voice sentence is still the main character of the sentence, but something else performs the action: “The ball is thrown by me.
- How to Recognize Active and Passive Sentences
- Basic Examples
- Difference between Passive Voice and Past Tense
- Imperatives: Active Commands
- Sloppy Passive Construction
- Linking Verbs: Neither Active nor Passive
- Passive Voice is not Wrong
- Tricky Examples
- Links to Active & Passive Verb Resources
- Works Cited
What do you think... is it safe to throw out this to-do list from 1989?
Attending the Texture Contemporary Ballet.
Dress Rehearsal for "My Son Pinocchio"
#AugustWilson #CenturyCycle Three week intensive course (whew!) All the students did very ...
Am I being rude or is my autism not being understood and accommodated for?
Bad Doggy -- practicing "Tomorrow" with a human Sandy