Me (finishing lecture on active and passive verbs): Do I expect you to become experts overnight? Of course not.
Class: (starts to pack up)
Me: But there will be a quiz Wednesday.
- The subject of an active voice sentence performs the action of the verb: “I throw the ball.”
- The subject of a passive voice sentence is still the main character of the sentence, but something else performs the action: “The ball is thrown by me.
- How to Recognize Active and Passive Sentences
- Basic Examples
- Difference between Passive Voice and Past Tense
- Imperatives: Active Commands
- Sloppy Passive Construction
- Linking Verbs: Neither Active nor Passive
- Passive Voice is not Wrong
- Tricky Examples
- Links to Active & Passive Verb Resources
- Works Cited
Why I disagreed with my students who said, "That was easy!"
Just a #steampunk captain inspecting the æther power orbs. #Blender3D #Unity3D #design #ae...
We were pretty even for about 25m, but I let him get my queen, and I had no hope after tha...
What can you do with an English Major?
You are personally responsible for becoming more ethical than the society you grew up in.
Credible case that a lost Shakespeare sonnet has been identified