As I make progress in designing the class text adventure, I’ll post about my process and challenges. Right now, I’m foreseeing the following challenges:
- how to let students know how far to read/play at any given time (this will be a hybrid class, so there will be less in-class f2f support and motivation)
- students may challenge my method of using a text adventure as the syllabus for the course: how do I address/avoid this?
- how to allow sufficient time for students to develop, create, and play their IF (this is an issue Forand experienced)
- whether or not to have students publish their IF outside of the class (again, an issue Forand experienced)
- how to make sure students understand the connection between IF and the course learning objectives (do I rely on stealth learning or make these connections explicit?)
via Remixing College English.