In January 2001, I was blogging about
- The Onion: Clinton Not Expecting to Collect White House Security Deposit
- Anachronisms in the movie Titanic
- A textual detective who helps the FBI solve crimes and says Clement Clark Moore did not write “A Visit from St. Nicholas”
- A student whose client backed out needed a project, so I asked her to write a handout on email.
- Writing Effective Email: Top 10 Tips — Write a meaningful subject line; keep the message short and readable; avoid attachments; identify yourself; don’t flame (and more).
- First draft submitted by Jessica Bauer Dec 12 2000; I touched it up and posted it on my blog a few weeks later
- Two decades later it’s still one of the most popular pages on my website.
It's such a privilege to introduce these young people to Shakespeare's body of work.
In MLA Style, use the ellipsis only to mark an omission from the middle of a quotation.
Students tend to zone out during my lectures on proofreading. I time it so I can say “clas...
Henry Bemis waited his whole life to finally read a book. Listen to Lynn Venable’s story,...
Hard Time #StarTrek #DS9 Rewatch (Season 4, Episode 19) O'Brien deals with the implanted m...
ChoiceScript tutorial for making casual, phone-friendly, stats-driven storygames. Choice o...