In January 2001, I was blogging about
- The Onion: Clinton Not Expecting to Collect White House Security Deposit
- Anachronisms in the movie Titanic
- A textual detective who helps the FBI solve crimes and says Clement Clark Moore did not write “A Visit from St. Nicholas”
- A student whose client backed out needed a project, so I asked her to write a handout on email.
- Writing Effective Email: Top 10 Tips — Write a meaningful subject line; keep the message short and readable; avoid attachments; identify yourself; don’t flame (and more).
- First draft submitted by Jessica Bauer Dec 12 2000; I touched it up and posted it on my blog a few weeks later
- Two decades later it’s still one of the most popular pages on my website.
Why Are Babies So Dumb If Humans Are So Smart?
A Christmas Carol (WAOB Audio Theatre)
Adding a media project to a semester-long paper assignment is like adding a jetpack to a d...
Scholars' unconvincing case about the value of the humanities (essay)
1,000-pound rosary sends heavy message: Pray
Hide and Q (TNG Rewatch, Season 1, Episode 9) Riker, buffed up by Q, grants desires of the...